Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 4:10 am EST on February 12, 2016, expires at: 7:00 PM EST on February 12, 2016
- ...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 7 PM EST this evening...
- location and timing...portions of the sandhills and southern coastal plain from late morning to early afternoon.
- Hazard types...at precipitation onset...expect a mixture of snow...sleet and freezing rain. This mixture will transition within an hour or two to mainly rain mixed at times with sleet.
- Accumulations...snow and sleet accumulation of a dusting to may be a half inch...along with around a trace of ice.
- Impacts...while widespread travel problems are not expected...untreated bridges and overpasses may develop a slick spot or two.