Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 4:22 am EST on March 5, 2015, expires at: 4:00 AM EST on March 06, 2015
- ...Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 6 PM this evening to 4 am EST Friday... The National Weather Service in Newport/Morehead City has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for sleet and light freezing rain...which is in effect from 6 PM this evening to 4 am EST Friday.
- Timing...rain changes to sleet and freezing rain after around 6 PM...and ends during the early morning hours Friday.
- Main impact...several tenths of an inch of sleet...and several hundredths of an inch of ice accrual is possible. Some slick spots may develop on mainly elevated surfaces such as bridges and overpasses...though no major impacts on roadways are expected as ground temperatures are very warm.
- Location...generally along and north of Highway 70. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of sleet and freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while driving. Never use a generator indoors. Gas grills, generators, and Camp stoves create deadly Carbon monoxide fumes that will build up when used in your home.
Issued at: 9:58 PM EST on March 4, 2015, expires at: 9:58 PM EST on March 05, 2015
- The Flood Warning continues for the Contentnea Creek near Hookerton.
- Until further notice...or until the warning is cancelled.
- At 9 PM Wednesday the stage was 13.3 feet.
- Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
- Flood stage is 13.0 feet.
- Forecast...the river will continue rising to near 13.5 feet by early Friday afternoon then begin falling.
- Impact...at 14.0 feet...low land flooding adjacent to the creek can be expected. Water may begin to reach some secondary roads in Lenoir County. Fld observed forecast 7pm location stg stg day time Thu Fri Sat Hookerton 13 13.3 Wed 09 PM 13.4 13.5 13.5 Lat...Lon 3549 7768 3542 7744 3535 7741 3535 7747 3539 7756 3544 7771