Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 2:51 PM EST on February 14, 2016, expires at: 1:00 PM EST on February 15, 2016
- ...Winter Weather Advisory in effect from midnight tonight to 1 PM EST Monday... The National Weather Service in Wakefield has issued a Winter Weather Advisory...which is in effect from midnight tonight to 1 PM EST Monday.
- Areas affected: middle and lower penisula and interior southeast Virginia and interior northeast North Carolina.
- Hazards: snow...sleet and freezing rain.
- Accumulations: around one inch of snow...trace of ice.
- Temperatures: lows tonight around 20. Highs late Monday around 40.
- Timing: snow overspreading the area after midnight tonight...and continuing into mid morning Monday. The snow is expected to change to sleet and freezing rain late Monday morning...then eventually rain for Monday afternoon and Monday evening.
- Impacts: hazardous travel due to snow and ice covered roads. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow...sleet...or freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while driving.