Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 11:46 am EST on February 11, 2016, expires at: 12:00 AM EST on February 13, 2016
- ...Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 7 am Friday to midnight EST Friday night... The National Weather Service in Newport/Morehead City has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for snow...sleet and freezing rain which is in effect from 7 am Friday to midnight EST Friday night.
- Accumulations...snow accumulation of up to 1 inch...along with around a trace of ice.
- Timing...from early morning through late evening Friday.
- Impacts...ice spots will be possible on area roads with bridges and overpasses being especially hazardous. Precautionary/preparedness actions... Listen to NOAA Weather Radio or your local media for the latest updates on this situation. 11
Issued at: 9:24 am EST on February 11, 2016, expires at: 7:00 PM EST on February 12, 2016
- The Flood Warning extended for the Northeast Cape fear river near Chinquapin.
- Until Friday evening...or until the warning is cancelled.
- At 8 am Thursday the stage was 13.7 feet.
- Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
- Flood stage is 13.0 feet.
- Forecast...the river will continue to fall to below flood stage by early tomorrow afternoon.
- Impact...at 14.0 feet...low land flooding adjacent to the river and its tributaries can be expected. Fld observed forecast 8am location stg stg day time Fri Sat sun Chinquapin 13 13.7 Thu 08 am 13.1 12.4 11.7 Lat...Lon 3491 7779 3481 7777 3472 7786 3472 7798 3482 7791 3491 7792