Issued at: 7:53 PM EST on February 6, 2016, expires at: 7:53 PM EST on February 07, 2016
- The Flood Warning continues for the Swift Creek near streets Ferry.
- Until further notice...or until the warning is cancelled.
- At 7 PM Saturday the stage was 4.6 feet.
- Minor flooding is occurring.
- Flood stage is 4.0 feet.
- Impact...at 4.0 feet...water will overflow banks and begin to threaten a few homes along streets Ferry Road just south of the creek. Streets Ferry Road starts to flood. Fld observed forecast 8pm location stg stg day time sun Mon Tue Lat...Lon 3531 7715 3529 7713 3524 7709 3522 7711 3528 7720 3530 7718
Coastal Flood Advisory:
Issued at: 6:37 PM EST on February 6, 2016, expires at: 4:00 AM EST on February 08, 2016
- ...Coastal Flood Advisory in effect from 10 am Sunday to 4 am EST Monday... The National Weather Service in Newport/Morehead City has issued a coastal Flood Advisory...which is in effect from 10 am Sunday to 4 am EST Monday.
- Location...areas adjacent to the southern Pamlico Sound and Neuse River.
- Coastal flooding...water level rises 2 to 3 feet above normal.
- Timing...late Sunday morning through Sunday night.
- Impacts...minor flooding of low lying coastal areas...possibly impacting some roads and properties. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A coastal Flood Advisory indicates that onshore winds and tides will combine to generate flooding of low areas along the shore.
Issued at: 6:12 PM EST on February 6, 2016, expires at: 4:00 AM EST on February 08, 2016
- ...Wind Advisory remains in effect from 9 am Sunday to 4 am EST Monday...
- winds...north 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 45 mph.
- Timing...Sunday into Sunday night.
- Impacts...gusty winds may blow around loose objects and create adverse driving conditions for high profile vehicles. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Wind Advisory means that sustained winds of 31 to 39 mph or gusts in excess of 45 mph are expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult...especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.