Coastal Flood Advisory:
Issued at: 8:07 am EDT on April 16, 2014, expires at: 8:00 PM EDT on April 16, 2014
- ...Coastal Flood Advisory remains in effect until 8 PM EDT this evening...
- location...sound-side Outer Banks Dare County...Ocracoke... Portsmouth Island...and portions of downeast Carteret County.
- Coastal flooding...water levels will rise 2 to 3 feet on the Outer Banks and 1 to 2 feet above normal for downeast Carteret County.
- Timing...through 8 PM this evening.
- Impacts...impacts will be minor...but some portions of Highway 12 from Buxton to Oregon Inlet may become partially inundated by water. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A coastal Flood Advisory indicates that onshore winds and tides will combine to generate flooding of low areas along the shore.
Issued at: 5:16 am EDT on April 16, 2014, expires at: 5:00 PM EDT on April 16, 2014
- ...Wind Advisory remains in effect until 5 PM EDT this afternoon...
- winds...north 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
- Impacts...strong winds will blow around loose objects. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Wind Advisory means that sustained winds of 31 to 39 mph or gusts in excess of 45 mph are expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult...especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.