Coastal Flood Advisory:
Issued at: 3:55 PM EST on March 7, 2014, expires at: 1:00 AM EST on March 08, 2014
- ...Coastal Flood Advisory remains in effect until 1 am EST Saturday...
- location...adjacent to the Pamlico Sound and Neuse River.
- Coastal flooding...water level rises 2 to 3 feet above normal.
- Timing...waters levels will peak this afternoon...then gradually subside tonight as winds shift north and northwest.
- Impacts...minor flooding of areas adjacent to the Pamlico Sound and Neuse River. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A coastal Flood Advisory indicates that onshore winds and tides will combine to generate flooding of low areas along the shore.