NEW BERN, Craven County - A rich tropical feed of moisture from the Gulf of Mexico is streaming up the eastern seaboard. This is running into a cold front that is tracking eastward from the central part of our state.
These two things will set the stage for rounds of showers and tropical downpours across our area through early Wednesday morning. We’ve declared a Severe Weather Awareness Day to alert you to the potential of minor flooding issues caused by the repeated rounds of downpours we’ll see.
While in general most areas will see between 1 to 2 inches or rain, if a given area is hit repeated times with these tropical downpours, it could cause poor drainage or even flash flooding.
Stay weather aware and practice this principle if you come across a flooded area: Turn Around, Don’t Drown.
- New ECU student killed in car crash in Charlotte
- Two students chosen to have their artwork on school Christmas card
- Greenville man facing numerous drug trafficking charges makes first appearance
- Community continues to mourn loss of Mariah Woods through vigil
- Craven County Sheriff's lieutenant arrested for assault