The National Weather Service issued an advisory at 11 a.m. for Potential Tropical Storm 9, which is currently just east of the Windward and Leeward Islands.
If the storm eventually gets upgraded to a hurricane, the next name on the list for this season is Harvey.
The storm is not projected to affect the United States, as forecasts from the NWS have it hitting portions of Central America between Monday and Tuesday next week.
- Local man facing slew of child sex offense charges in Duplin Co.
- Havelock man captures careless delivery driver on camera
- Community shop helps local families get Christmas presents on a budget
- Anchored for Life aims to help students with transition to new school
- Camp Lejeune to enforce stricter base entry procedures