EASTERN CAROLINA - We found this new hurricane graphic which names the worst hurricanes to rip through Eastern Carolina.
This image is compiled from scientific data via the HURDAT project. This is based solely on official storm damage reports and rainfall data. No personal stories or accounts go into this data set.
According to graphic, most of the hardest-hitting storms in our area made landfall decades ago.
We want to know what storms you remember as the worst. Do you think this graphic missed any major hurricanes?
- Updated Southwest pilots reach tentative deal with airline after 4 years of talks
- Updated NC DOT's Ferry Division prepares for tropical system
- Updated Tropical storm warning, small craft advisory issued for Carteret County
- Updated Hershey crashes 11% after chocolate merger talks end
- Updated Chicago, aka 'Chi-raq' likely to top 2015 in number of shootings