EASTERN CAROLINA - We found this new hurricane graphic which names the worst hurricanes to rip through Eastern Carolina.
This image is compiled from scientific data via the HURDAT project. This is based solely on official storm damage reports and rainfall data. No personal stories or accounts go into this data set.
According to graphic, most of the hardest-hitting storms in our area made landfall decades ago.
We want to know what storms you remember as the worst. Do you think this graphic missed any major hurricanes?
- Updated Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- New Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend