RALEIGH - North Carolina State has added a power forward during the spring signing period.
Coach Mark Gottfried said Wednesday that Lennard Freeman signed with the Wolfpack.
Freeman is a 6-foot-8, 235-pound forward who played at Oak Hill last season. He's the fifth newcomer for a program that during the past month had two starters leave early for the NBA draft and a third key player transfer out.
Guard Lorenzo Brown and forward C.J. Leslie turned pro and guard Rodney Purvis said he was transferring to Connecticut.
Those defections left the Wolfpack with four returning scholarship players. Only one - forward T.J. Warren - averaged more than 15 minutes per game.
- Tornado watch for most of Eastern NC canceled
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal