RALEIGH - North Carolina State has added a power forward during the spring signing period.
Coach Mark Gottfried said Wednesday that Lennard Freeman signed with the Wolfpack.
Freeman is a 6-foot-8, 235-pound forward who played at Oak Hill last season. He's the fifth newcomer for a program that during the past month had two starters leave early for the NBA draft and a third key player transfer out.
Guard Lorenzo Brown and forward C.J. Leslie turned pro and guard Rodney Purvis said he was transferring to Connecticut.
Those defections left the Wolfpack with four returning scholarship players. Only one - forward T.J. Warren - averaged more than 15 minutes per game.
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Trump spreads claim that Clinton's 'mentor' was 'KKK member'
- Updated ISIS video shows boys executing prisoners
- Nate Parker on 'toxic masculinity,' consent and 'male privilege'