WINSTON-SALEM - Wake Forest says running back Josh Harris is ineligible for his senior season.
Team spokesman Steve Shutt said Thursday the school has asked the NCAA for a waiver to restore his eligibility and the Demon Deacons hope to receive an answer in the next two weeks.
Shutt says he is unable to say whether Harris' ineligibility is related to academics, citing the school's policies on student privacy.
Harris has rushed for 1,760 yards and 15 touchdowns in three seasons and led the team with 608 yards rushing in 2012.
The Demon Deacons begin preseason practice Friday.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend