CHAPEL HILL & RALEIGH - Due to the weather conditions from Tropical Storm Andrea affecting the Chapel Hill area, the start of the NCAA Division I Baseball Super Regional between North Carolina and South Carolina will be postponed until Saturday, June 8 at Noon on ESPN. Game two will be Sunday, at 1 p.m. on ESPN, while the Monday "if necessary" game time and network will be determined Sunday.
Friday's game one of the Raleigh Super Regional between NC State and Rice has also been moved to Saturday.
Saturday, 4 p.m.: NC State vs. Rice (ESPN2)
Sunday, 4 p.m.: NC State vs. Rice (ESPNU)
Monday, TBD: NC State vs. Rice (TBD)
The Doak Field at Dail Park box office will open for ticket will-call at noon on Saturday.
Tickets labelled "Session 1" are for Game 1 and will be honored Saturday. Session 2 tickets will be honored for Sunday's game. Session 3 tickets are for Monday's game, if necessary.
Monday's game time and TV network will be determined on Sunday.
- Carteret Co. Sheriff's Office investigating murder-suicide
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County