Winston-Salem - Wake Forest running back Josh Harris has been cleared by the NCAA to play this season.
The school declared him ineligible last week and sought a waiver from the NCAA to restore his eligibility.
Team spokesman Steve Shutt said Friday that the waiver has been granted.
Harris says he will be back with the team Saturday.
He has led the team in rushing in two of his three previous seasons with the Demon Deacons.
Harris has rushed for 1,760 yards and 15 touchdowns in his career and led the team with 608 yards rushing in 2012.
- Updated Brexit: 4.2 million migrants still wait to learn their fate
- New Onslow County man facing larceny, other charges
- Updated Iraqi forces take key village near airport from ISIS
- Updated 'Stand your ground' hearing opens in Fla. theater shooting
- New Winterville Police looking for suspect in Subway robbery