INDIANAPOLIS - NC State's Trea Turner has been officially recognized as the NCAA's statistical champion for stolen bases during the 2012 season.
An NCAA representative made the announcement Tuesday, informing both Turner and NC State that a pair of plaques recognizing his achievement will be delivered shortly.
Turner finished the year with a Wolfpack single-season record 57 stolen bases, six shy of the ACC record, and the most ever by a conference freshman. The Lake Worth, Fla. native also tied the ACC single-game record with five steals against Clemson.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- A state politician voicing concerns over the Whitewater Center reopening following amoeba death
- Syria barrel bomb attack: At least 16 killed at wake in Aleppo