DURHAM - Duke guard Seth Curry was named the ACC Player of the Week on Monday after posting a Duke career-high 31 points in the Blue Devils 90-77 win over Santa Clara on Saturday at Cameron Indoor Stadium.
Curry is averaging 17.1 points per game, while shooting 41.2 percent (26-of-62) from three-point range, for top-ranked Duke (12-0) heading into a Jan. 2 game against Davidson in Charlotte.
The Charlotte, N.C., senior went 12-of-18 from the field, including 4-of-7 from three-point range, and 3-of-4 from the foul line in recording his first 30+ point game as a Blue Devil.
He also added three rebounds and an assist in 36 minutes of action. Curry scored 18 second half points, including 12 points during a 21-3 Blue Devil run early in the half that turned a four-point deficit into a 62-48 lead with 9:13 remaining.
Duke opens the new year on Jan. 2 versus Davidson before hosting Wake Forest in its ACC opener on Saturday, Jan. 5 (ESPN - 12 pm).
- Updated Pentagon sends ISIS options to White House
- Updated South Korea's THAAD missile defense system gets land swap approval
- Updated Warren Buffett: Red-hot market not in a bubble, still looks 'cheap'
- Updated Transgender boy wins girls' wrestling championship in Texas
- Updated Academy Awards kills off wrong person