CHAPEL HILL - North Carolina opens its first season under new coach Larry Fedora when it hosts Elon on Saturday.
The Tar Heels are coming off a seven-win season that included a bowl loss to Missouri, but they are ineligible for a bowl in Fedora's first year because of NCAA sanctions.
Fedora left Southern Mississippi to take over in Chapel Hill, bringing with him a no-huddle spread offense and a 4-2-5 defense.
Junior quarterback Bryn Renner says the Tar Heels are eager to show their fans what they've learned.
The Phoenix went 5-6 in Jason Swepson's first season as coach.
Elon will rely on senior receiver Aaron Mellette, who set a Southern Conference single-season record with 1,639 yards receiving to go with 12 touchdowns.
- Updated Brooklyn's coolest hotels and hottest hangouts
- Updated Trump has 3,643 websites that range from TrumpEmpire.com to TrumpFraud.org
- Updated Snapchat Spectacles now for sale online
- Updated Angelina Jolie opens up about family after split with Brad Pitt
- Trump's promises hit Washington reality in first month