The high school football postseason got off to an interesting start on Friday.
While most of the teams expected to win did just that, there were a few upsets to speak about. The biggest came as Greene Central, the No. 10 seed in the Class 2-A East, knocked off No. 7 Kinston.
But the first round is out of the way and the field of teams looking to win a state title have been cut in half. Next week, eight teams in each of the East brackets will do battle. That includes some of the teams which had a first-round bye.
Be sure to click here to go to The Blitz page for state playoff scores and pairings for next week's games. You'll also find highlights and more.
Below are all the segments of Friday's edition of The Blitz along with the Thursday edition, which featured Southside and Beddingfield advancing. You can also find segments on our new YouTube page, The Blitz on NewsChannel 12.
- Law enforcement making sure people are buckled up during holiday travel
- Thanksgiving holiday set to be busiest travel week in decade
- Local donation drive aims to help veterans in need as winter approaches
- Local fire destroys Carteret family home
- State House Rep. Susan Martin says she won't seek re-election