The high school football regular season is complete. Week 12 was a doozy.
We had some incredible conference games as teams finished play and, for most, prep for the state playoffs. Next week begins the journey to a state title. Win ... or go home.
But back to Friday. D.H. Conley and South Central put up some incredible numbers. Vikings quarterback Connor Ahlers tied the state record with nine touchdown passes in his team's win. Over in Jacksonville, Havelock won another league title but not without a standout performance against a tough Cardinals team that will certainly make more noise in the state playoffs.
There were a bunch of other interesting games so be sure to click here to go to The Blitz page for scores both locally and around the state from Week 12. You'll also find highlights and more.
Below are all the segments of Friday's edition of The Blitz. You can also find segments on our new YouTube page, The Blitz on NewsChannel 12.
- Updated USO of Jacksonville gets enough donations just in time for Thanksgiving
- New Girl Scouts say don't make your daughter hug people this holiday
- Updated Havelock's Boys & Girls Club getting holiday makeover
- 'Be a Santa to a Senior' program brings cheer to New Bern seniors
- Updated Funding cuts come at bad time for Gorham Center