Rivalry games lived up to their billing in week three. Washington rallied from 21 down in the fourth quarter to beat DH Conley 28-21. New Bern posted its first win of the year by converting four West Craven touchdowns in 36 points. Southwest Onslow rallied from a 20-7 deficit to beat Richlands 21-20 for the Stallions 26th straight win over the Wildcats.
Jacksonville beat its rival Northside for the first time since 2004. The Cardinals rallied for a 12-11 win. West Carteret wins the unofficial Carteret County championship again with the 28-10 win over Croatan. Riverside won the Martin County Battle for the Paddle for the fourth straight time with a 41-30 win over South Creek. And Northside beat Southside 13-12 in a big rivalry game in Beaufort County. And Plymouth went on the road and pulled out a 20-15 win at Edenton-Holmes.
Undefeated team in our viewing include Havelock (3-0), JH Rose (3-0), West Carteret, (3-0), Jacksonville (3-0), Farmville (2-0), Swansboro (3-0), Dixon (3-0), Plymouth (2-0), James Kenan (3-0), CB Aycock (3-0) and Eastern Wayne (3-0).
- Updated 4 reasons why Venezuela became the world's worst economy
- Updated Mercedes-Benz unveils first pickup truck
- Updated Women now drink nearly as much alcohol as men, study finds
- Updated Eight more local counties among 13 additional to receive Disaster Food Assistance
- New One of two workers to die in Boston trench collapse from New Bern