GREENSBORO - Virginia Tech's Erick Green is the Atlantic Coast Conference's player of the year and Miami's Jim Larranaga is its coach of the year.
The league announced its individual award winners Tuesday following voting by 77 members of the Atlantic Coast Sports Media Association.
Boston College's Olivier Hanlan won the rookie of the year award and Miami's Durand Scott is the league's defensive player of the year.
Green received 38 votes to 23 for Miami guard Shane Larkin and 12 for Duke big man Mason Plumlee.
Green joins Maryland's Len Bias in 1986 as the ACC's only players of the year to come from teams with losing conference records.
The Hokies finished last in the league with a 4-14 record. Green leads the nation by averaging 25.4 points.
- NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- Facility for developmentally disabled gets overhauled kitchen
- Coast Guard to use air units in search for local fishing crew