PITTSBURGH, PA - The Pittsburgh Steelers have re-signed reserve offensive lineman Guy Whimper to a one-year deal.
Whimper, who played at Havelock High School and ECU, played in 11 games for the Steelers last season, with two starts. The 30-year-old spend four seasons with the New York Giants from 2006-09 before playing in Jacksonville from 2010-12. He joined the Steelers last summer. Whimper started one game each at left guard and right guard.
Whimper should again compete for a backup spot when camp opens in July. Pittsburgh is expected to have all five starters back along the offensive line, including center Maurkice Pouncey, who missed all but the first eight plays of the season with a knee injury.
- Updated Pentagon sends ISIS options to White House
- Updated South Korea's THAAD missile defense system gets land swap approval
- Updated Warren Buffett: Red-hot market not in a bubble, still looks 'cheap'
- Updated Transgender boy wins girls' wrestling championship in Texas
- Updated Academy Awards kills off wrong person