GREENVILLE - Due to potential severe weather in the area this weekend, East Carolina Head Softball Coach Beth Keylon-Randolph has announced that the schedule for the Pirate Invitational has been altered.
The Pirates will still play a pair of games on Friday, but will now start the day with a noon contest against Liberty.
ECU's second game of the day, against Fairfield, has been moved up and is now expected to start at 2 p.m.
Notre Dame is still expected to participate and play games starting on Saturday and Sunday, but Lehigh has withdrawn from the tournament field.
Friday, Feb. 22
10:00 A.M. – Liberty vs. Fairfield
12:00 P.M. – East Carolina vs. Liberty
2:00 P.M. – East Carolina vs. Fairfield
The rest of the 2013 Pirate Invitational schedule will be revised and restructured based on potential weather forecasts and the remaining teams in the tournament. Pirate fans should stay tuned to www.ECUPirates.com for daily updates.
- Updated WCTI's Anna Bulszewicz announces she's leaving the anchor desk
- Updated Pence tries for damage control abroad but allies still wary
- Updated Investigation underway after teen shot in New Bern
- Updated Border Patrol shooting of Mexican goes to Supreme Court
- Updated Israeli soldier sentenced in Palestinian killing