LONDON, ENGLAND - Greenville native and Olympic Swimmer Lauren Perdue will not compete for Team USA On Wednesday in the Women's 4x200M relay.
Perdue was in the pool Wednesday morning and helped Team USA secure the second best time in qualifying.
Instead of using the same four swimmers that qualified, the coaches decided to go with Missy Franklin, Dana Vollmer, Allison Schmitt, and Shannon Vreeland in the final.
Perdue will still receive a medal if the swimmers in the pool earn one.
The race will take place at 4:04 Wednesday afternoon.
- New Greenville Hilton earns accolades thanks to guest satisfaction
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County
- Lenoir County Sheriff's Office loses K-9 to medical issue
- Documents: Man tried to bite flight attendant before jumping out of plane in Charlotte
- Manchester attack: Hunt for possible 2nd bomb under way