CHAPEL HILL, N.C. - The N.C. High School Athletic Association released its high school football playoff brackets on Saturday. There are some interesting matchups for Friday’s first round.
East Duplin, Tarboro and North Duplin are the area teams that received a No. 1 seed. The Panthers are the top team in the Class 2-AA East bracket and will host No. 16 seed St. Pauls on Friday. The Panthers will be home each week they win through the East Finals.
Tarboro is the No. 1 seed in the 1-AA East bracket and get a first-round bye. Also in this bracket are Edenton (No. 2) and East Carteret (No. 3), which also received first-round byes.
North Duplin is the No. 1 seed in the 1-A East bracket and gets a first-round bye. Other local teams in that bracket include Columbia (No. 4), Pamlico County (No. 5), Plymouth (No. 6), Southside (No. 8), Northside-Pinetown (No. 9), South Creek (No. 10) and North Edgecombe (No. 11).
Click to see the full brackets and the rest of the local teams in the state playoffs.
- Rape suspect arrested after two months on the run
- 500-acre prescribed burn planned for Croatan National Forest
- Local man facing slew of child sex offense charges in Duplin Co.
- Havelock man captures careless delivery driver on camera
- Community shop helps local families get Christmas presents on a budget