RALEIGH - New North Carolina State coach Dave Doeren will wait until the season opener to announce his starting quarterback.
Arkansas graduate transfer Brandon Mitchell and Colorado State junior transfer Pete Thomas are battling to lead the no-huddle offense against Louisiana Tech on Aug. 31. Former New Bern star Josh Taylor is also in the mix, but the true freshman is considered a long shot to start, but could see playing time this season. Team spokeswoman Annabelle Myers said Tuesday in an email outlining media policies that the first-year coach wouldn't announce a starter until the day of the game.
Both quarterbacks have worked with the first-team offense through training camp.
- Updated 7 memorable presidential debate moments
- Updated Miami Marlins to honor star pitcher Jose Fernandez
- Updated High school football player dies two days after injury in game
- Updated Governor visits Bertie County to assess flood damage
- Updated Obama dons hat, blanket during Tribal Nations ceremony