RALEIGH - N.C. State hopes to continue its upset streak against third-ranked Florida State on Saturday and that starts with pressuring quarterback Jameis Winston.
The Wolfpack have had some success against explosive QBs.
N.C. State (3-3, 0-3 Atlantic Coast Conference) played well against Clemson's Tajh Boyd, the reigning ACC offensive player of the year, during a 26-14 loss this year. The Wolfpack kept Boyd out of rhythm and coach Dave Doeren wants to do the same against Winston, who had 444 yards passing and four touchdowns against then-No. 3 Clemson last week.
Florida State (6-0, 4-0) has lost the last four meeting against N.C. State in which the Seminoles were ranked.
The Wolfpack will have quarterback Brandon Mitchell back for the first time since suffering a broken foot in the season opener.
- Updated Manchester Arena attack: ISIS claims blast that killed 22 at Ariana Grande concert
- Updated Craven County teenager facing rape and kidnapping charges
- Pamlico County man bitten by Lone Star Tick talks about struggles
- Jacksonville couple facing felony animal cruelty charges
- Residents call foul on geese carnage