MOREHEAD CITY - The Morehead City Marlins announced that the Saturday, July 28 game against the Petersburg Generals is Pink Jersey Auction Night sponsored by Carteret General Hospital, beginning at 7:05 p.m.
A silent auction will take place from the time gates open at 6 p.m. until the conclusion of the seventh inning. Fans can bid on a specific, game-worn jersey by writing down their name with an amount they are bidding on the jersey.
Bidding starts at $20 per jersey, with Marlins manager Brian McRae's jersey beginning at $40.
All proceeds benefit the Raab Specialty and Oncology Clinic at Carteret General Hospital.
The Raab Clinic provides services to patients in the areas of cancer care, blood transfusions and medication administration.
"This is our third consecutive year partnering with Carteret General Hospital for this special auction," Marlins General Manager Chris Marmo said. "We have helped raise over $2,500 the last two years for the Raab Clinic and will continue to support the hospital and their clinic in aiding patients."
The Marlins will be accepting cash or checks for all jerseys, and all checks can be made out to Carteret General Hospital.
- NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- Facility for developmentally disabled gets overhauled kitchen
- Coast Guard to use air units in search for local fishing crew