CHAPEL HILL, ORANGE COUNTY - The following is a news released from the University of North Carolina:
The University of North Carolina will play host to Duke University on Thursday, Feb. 20, in a makeup date for Wednesday night's men's basketball game that was postponed due to inclement weather, as agreed upon by UNC, Duke and Atlantic Coast Conference officials.
The time of the game and television information has not been determined at this time.
Stay tuned to GoHeels.com regarding ticket policies for the makeup game.
Wednesday night's men's basketball game between the University of North Carolina and Duke University has been postponed due to inclement weather.
A makeup date has not been announced at this time. The game will NOT be played on Thursday, Feb. 13, due to the conditions.
"Duke's bus is not able to get to their campus to pick up the team in time to be able to make the trip to Chapel Hill so we can't play this evening," said UNC Director of Athletics Bubba Cunningham. "The safety of the teams and officials is the number one priority and this was the best decision to make at this time. Coach Williams, Coach Krzyzewski, [Duke AD] Kevin White and I will be on the phone with the ACC and make a decision as to when to play the game as soon as possible."
More information to follow as it becomes available.
- Law enforcement investigating deputy-involved shooting in Ayden
- Updated 9-year-old girl dies following head on car collision
- Woman sent to the hospital following car crash with log truck
- Updated Manchester Arena attack: 8-year-old girl among the dead at Ariana Grande concert
- Cops and Barbers event set for Tuesday in Greenville