BALTIMORE - Vonta Leach is back with the Super Bowl champion Baltimore Ravens.
The Pro Bowl fullback signed a two-year contract Monday after being released by the Ravens in June.
Leach paved the way for running back Ray Rice to gain 1,143 yards last season. Leach ran nine times for 32 yards during the regular season and scored a touchdown against Indianapolis in Baltimore's first postseason game.
But he declined to renegotiate his contract during the offseason and was released by Baltimore in June. At the time, Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome left open the possibility that Leach could return, saying, "There could be an opportunity for him to return to the Ravens once he explores the free-agent market."
Coach John Harbaugh said Monday, "We've been hopeful this would happen all along."
- New Two adults arrested, charged with encouraging, enticing children's fight
- Updated Clinton: Trump's 'final target is democracy itself'
- Updated House Dems expand map as super PAC targets Montana
- Updated Child abducted in North Carolina, Amber Alert issued
- Updated GOP schedules RNC member call as Election Day approaches