NEW ORLEANS - Former Kinston High School and UNC-Wilmington star Chris Hatcher picked up his league leading ninth save of the season Tuesday night. The right handed relief pitcher set down the Omaha Storm Chasers in order in the 9th inning, including retiring former K-Tribe star Willy Taveras.
Hatcher is hoping to return to the Miami Marlins where he pitched in 22 games in the past two seasons. The former catcher has struck out 18 batters in 25 major league innings but has never won or saved a big league game. His major league ERA is 5.40.
- Defenseless internet 'paying the price' for ignoring security
- Updated Here's how peanut butter snacks may save endangered ferrets
- Updated Canadian nurse accused of killing 8 nursing home residents
- Craven County Schools among those recognized for top graduation rate honors
- 'No kids with special needs?' Mom fights talent scout who rejected son