NEW ORLEANS - Former Kinston High School and UNC-Wilmington star Chris Hatcher picked up his league leading ninth save of the season Tuesday night. The right handed relief pitcher set down the Omaha Storm Chasers in order in the 9th inning, including retiring former K-Tribe star Willy Taveras.
Hatcher is hoping to return to the Miami Marlins where he pitched in 22 games in the past two seasons. The former catcher has struck out 18 batters in 25 major league innings but has never won or saved a big league game. His major league ERA is 5.40.
- Updated Doctor: I wrote Trump's bill of health in 5 minutes
- Updated Trent Woods road closing for repairs starting Sept. 6
- Updated Man arrested in Greenville on drug possession charges
- Updated Badges save officers struck by bullets
- New Bern Shrine Club holding donation drive for Louisiana flood victims