WINSTON-SALEM - Pharoh Cooper passed for two touchdowns and rushed for another to lead Havelock to a 55-21 victory in the Class 3-A North Carolina High School Athletic Association championship game Saturday.
Cooper, the MVP of the game, scored on a 2-yard touchdown run and also had scoring passes that covered 11 yards to Harry Caldwell and 12 yards to C.J. Lindsey for Havelock (15-1).
In addition to Cooper, Derrel Scott rushed for two touchdowns, Lindsey had an 87-yard interception return for a touchdown and A.J. Coplon returned a fumble 61 yards for a score for Havelock.
Concord (13-3) scored all 21 of its points in the second quarter on touchdown passes from B.J. Beecher. He had scoring passes of 30 yards to Zosh Heilig, 37 yards to Rocky Reid and 21 yards to Jerry Burk.
Beecher finished 22 of 36 for 267 yards.
- FBI probes newly discovered emails tied to Clinton case
- Updated Greenville to begin work on Arlington Boulevard starting Sunday
- Updated State Board of Elections investigating possible voter fraud in Onslow County
- Updated NCAA will now give money for academic achievements
- Updated After shut down, Vine's smartest stars have a backup plan