DURHAM, DURHAM COUNTY - Suspended North Carolina guard P.J. Hairston's court appearance on a speeding charge has been delayed another month.
Hairston was due Friday in a Durham County courtroom but Magistrate Steven R. Storch said his appearance was rescheduled for Oct. 11.
Hairston was not present. His attorney, Sam Coleman of Hillsborough, would not comment when leaving the courtroom.
Hairston was cited twice in a month this summer while driving a rented car linked to a felon.
His first citation came for speeding May 13 in a vehicle rented under a woman's name sharing the home address of Haydn Patrick "Fats" Thomas. His court appearance Aug. 2 had been pushed back a month.
Hairston was suspended indefinitely from the team last month when he was cited again for speeding, this time near Salisbury.
- Tornado watch issued for most of North Carolina
- Updated Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms
- Updated Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Demolition date set for old New Bern Days Inn