CHAPEL HILL, ORANGE COUNTY - North Carolina coach Roy Williams says junior P.J. Hairston and senior Leslie McDonald won't travel for this weekend's Hall of Fame Tipoff games due to NCAA eligibility concerns.
The No. 24 Tar Heels face Richmond in Saturday's semifinals in Uncasville, Conn. The winner plays the Fairfield-Louisville winner in Sunday's final.
Hairston and McDonald haven't played this year for UNC (2-1) while the school and NCAA review their eligibility. Authorities twice cited Hairston during the offseason while he drove rental cars linked to a felon. The school hasn't specified McDonald's issue, though it sent a letter ordering a company making designer mouth guards to stop using McDonald on its web site over the summer.
Williams said Thursday he wants to see "how we bounce back" after Sunday's home loss to Belmont.
- Updated Trump's path to 270 runs through ... Maine?
- Updated WikiLeaks-released memo outlines Bill Clinton's lucrative speeches
- Updated Hillary Clinton to hold election night party under real glass ceiling
- Tequila, dance parties and Adele: Hillary Clinton finally lets loose
- Dems sue GOP over Trump's 'rigged' complaints