CHAPEL HILL, ORANGE COUNTY - North Carolina coach Roy Williams says junior P.J. Hairston and senior Leslie McDonald won't travel for this weekend's Hall of Fame Tipoff games due to NCAA eligibility concerns.
The No. 24 Tar Heels face Richmond in Saturday's semifinals in Uncasville, Conn. The winner plays the Fairfield-Louisville winner in Sunday's final.
Hairston and McDonald haven't played this year for UNC (2-1) while the school and NCAA review their eligibility. Authorities twice cited Hairston during the offseason while he drove rental cars linked to a felon. The school hasn't specified McDonald's issue, though it sent a letter ordering a company making designer mouth guards to stop using McDonald on its web site over the summer.
Williams said Thursday he wants to see "how we bounce back" after Sunday's home loss to Belmont.
- Updated WCTI's Anna Bulszewicz announces she's leaving the anchor desk
- Updated Pence tries for damage control abroad but allies still wary
- Updated Investigation underway after teen shot in New Bern
- Updated Border Patrol shooting of Mexican goes to Supreme Court
- Updated Israeli soldier sentenced in Palestinian killing