NEW YORK - The New York Giants have placed running back Andre Brown on the injured reserve-designated to return list.
The former JH Rose High School and NC State star broke his left leg in the preseason finale Thursday. He can begin practicing with the team in six weeks and will be eligible to return Nov. 10 against Oakland.
The Giants filled his spot on the 53-man roster Wednesday by signing defensive end Adewale Ojomo from their practice squad for Sunday's opener at Dallas. Offensive lineman Sam Baker was signed to the practice squad.
Ojomo was on the Giants' roster last season but only played in one game. He was waived Saturday in the final cut.
Baker spent last season on the Arizona Cardinals' practice squad. He was in the Kansas City Chiefs training camp this summer.
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal
- Demolition date set for old New Bern Days Inn
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms