NEW YORK - The New York Giants have placed running back Andre Brown on the injured reserve-designated to return list.
The former JH Rose High School and NC State star broke his left leg in the preseason finale Thursday. He can begin practicing with the team in six weeks and will be eligible to return Nov. 10 against Oakland.
The Giants filled his spot on the 53-man roster Wednesday by signing defensive end Adewale Ojomo from their practice squad for Sunday's opener at Dallas. Offensive lineman Sam Baker was signed to the practice squad.
Ojomo was on the Giants' roster last season but only played in one game. He was waived Saturday in the final cut.
Baker spent last season on the Arizona Cardinals' practice squad. He was in the Kansas City Chiefs training camp this summer.
- Italy earthquake survivors: "The future is finished"
- Updated Trump's immigration pivot a buzz kill for Coulter's book tour
- Updated Recovering heroin addict thanks officer who arrested her
- Updated John Krasinski on 'The Hollars': I 'stole' a trick from George Clooney
- Updated Bangladeshi police: Dhaka terror attack planner killed