SASKATCHEWAN - Former UNC football star Darian Durant completed 24 of 30 passes for 280 yards and three touchdowns and the Saskatchewan Roughriders advanced to the Grey Cup in their hometown with a 35-13 victory over the Calgary Stampeders on Sunday in the CFL's West Division final.
The Roughriders will face the Hamilton Tiger-Cats next Sunday in the title game in Regina. The Tiger-Cats beat Toronto 36-24 on Sunday in the East Division final.
For the third straight year, the Grey Cup host city has its own team in the game. Toronto beat Calgary last year in Toronto, and the B.C. Lions won in Vancouver in 2011.
Durant, who played at UNC from 2001-04, threw scoring passes to Rob Bagg, Weston Dressler and Chris Getzlaf.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Pence: Trump is 'a CEO at work' on immigration
- A state politician voicing concerns over the Whitewater Center reopening following amoeba death