NEW YORK - New York Giants backup running back Andre Brown has broken his left leg for the second straight year.
The former JH Rose High School and NC State star limped off the field against the New England Patriots after a 3-yard run late in the first half Thursday night. He then walked slowly to the locker room, where X-rays showed a broken leg.
Brown rushed for 385 yards last season, second most on the team, before breaking his leg in November. He led the Giants with eight touchdowns on the ground as the backup to Ahmad Bradshaw. With Bradshaw now with the Indianapolis Colts, Brown was the backup to David Wilson, who rushed six times for 37 yards in the first half.
Brown had two carries for 4 yards.
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Trump spreads claim that Clinton's 'mentor' was 'KKK member'
- Updated ISIS video shows boys executing prisoners
- Nate Parker on 'toxic masculinity,' consent and 'male privilege'