ORLANDO - Former Duke and L.A. Lakers guard Chris Duhon was treated and released from a hospital after being struck by a car following a verbal altercation in central Florida.
According to an Orlando Police Department report from Saturday's incident, Duhon was walking to his car in a garage parking lot along with brother-in-law Julio Hernandez. Duhon got into a verbal altercation with a man in a black Lexus. The man briefly got out of his car, then returned and accelerated toward the pair.
Hernandez was able to avoid the car, but Duhon was struck, landed on the hood and hit his head on the windshield. The car then sped away.
Duhon also sustained small cuts to various parts of his body.
Duhon was waived by the Lakers in June.
- Updated Academy President on 'Birth of a Nation': 'People need to see this movie'
- Updated First known case of sexual Zika transmission without symptoms
- Updated US blood supply should be screened for Zika, FDA says
- Updated Dolly Parton on 2016 candidates: 'I think they're both nuts'
- Updated Wolfowitz 'might have to vote' for Clinton