BURLINGTON - Elon is joining the Colonial Athletic Association for the 2014-15 season.
The person said Thursday that Elon, a member of the Southern Conference, will announce the move at a scheduled 2 p.m. press conference. The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because no announcement has been made.
Elon will join as an all-sports member, giving the CAA 10 basketball schools and 12 in football.
The CAA has lost VCU and George Mason to the Atlantic 10 and Old Dominion to Conference USA in the last year.
The league also is adding the College of Charleston for all sports next season, while Albany and Stony Brook are joining as football-only members next year.
- Updated Clinton blasts Trump attacks on foundation
- New waterfront park and boat access is symbol of recovery, dedication planned Saturday
- Zip line fall leaves Delaware woman dead
- Crews battle fire in unoccupied Greenville apartment
- Updated Clinton: Trump leading 'hate movement'; Trump: Clinton a 'bigot'