BURLINGTON - Elon is joining the Colonial Athletic Association for the 2014-15 season.
The person said Thursday that Elon, a member of the Southern Conference, will announce the move at a scheduled 2 p.m. press conference. The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because no announcement has been made.
Elon will join as an all-sports member, giving the CAA 10 basketball schools and 12 in football.
The CAA has lost VCU and George Mason to the Atlantic 10 and Old Dominion to Conference USA in the last year.
The league also is adding the College of Charleston for all sports next season, while Albany and Stony Brook are joining as football-only members next year.
- Election law doesn't care if Trump (or Clinton) ever concede
- Obama admits to laughing at Trump during debates
- How the GOP's first female presidential campaign manager manages Donald Trump
- Trump campaign launches nightly 'newscast' on Facebook
- More than 20 killed in attack on Pakistani police academy