GREENVILLE - East Carolina has suspended its softball coach and an assistant with pay.
School officials said Friday that head coach Tracey Kee and associate head coach Natalie Kozlowski are suspended pending the outcome of an internal inquiry regarding complaints about the softball program. The school did not specify what the complaints were or who made them.
In a statement issued by the school, Chancellor Steve Ballard calls it "the necessary step to take" while officials review information. He says the school expects to finish and release a report in the next 10 days.
Kee is an East Carolina graduate who has been at the school since 1991 and took over the program in 1997. Kozlowski came to Greenville in 2000 from Towson and has been the associate head coach since 2007.
- Updated Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend