GREENVILLE - East Carolina senior Eric Brady has been named the Conference USA Golfer-of-the-Week after shooting a 3-under 213 at the Rod Myers Invitational according to an announcement by the league office Wednesday.
Brady earned his first top-10 finish of the season, tying for eighth-place at the par-72, 7,154-yard Duke Golf Club. He fired a season-low 69 in the second round sandwiched between a pair of par 72 rounds. In addition, Brady's second round 69 helped the Pirates' shoot their second lowest round of the season, 285; one of two subpar rounds this season. He finished tied or ahead of two players ranked in the Golfweek/Sagarin Ratings top 100.
Brady is the first ECU men's golfer to receive the C-USA weekly award since Harold Varner in March 2012. It's his first career weekly honor.
Brady and the ECU men's golf team conclude the fall schedule Oct. 28-29 at the Pirate Intercollegiate at Brook Valley Country Club in Greenville.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- A state politician voicing concerns over the Whitewater Center reopening following amoeba death
- Syria barrel bomb attack: At least 16 killed at wake in Aleppo