East Carolina sophomore reserve outside receiver Antonio Cannon has been suspended indefinitely from all program activities effective immediately for a violation of team rules according to an announcement from head football coach Ruffin McNeill late Wednesday afternoon.
"We have conduct standards in place and expect those to be followed without any hesitation," McNeill said. "Our players know that representing this university and playing in our program is not a right, but a privilege, and a level of accountability comes with that."
Cannon played in five games off the bench as a redshirt freshman in the Pirates' receiving corps last fall. He contributed his only catch of the year against Memphis for seven yards, while also experiencing action against South Carolina, UTEP, UCF and Navy.
- Trump meets with top US manufacturers
- Updated Uber pleads with users deleting the app: 'We're hurting'
- New York Times ad seeks the truth ... during the Oscars
- Updated Lejeune High School senior named Marine Corps Military Child of the Year
- One Republican congressman's plan to deal with town hall disrupters