GREENVILLE - This is a news release from East Carolina University:
East Carolina sophomore forward Marshall Guilmette will miss the remainder of the 2013-14 season due to a right knee injury announced head coach Jeff Lebo Thursday.
"This is an unfortunate situation," Lebo said. "Marshall worked very hard to get himself healthy and back onto the court after sustaining a different injury at the end of last season. We're very disappointed for him.
"I know he will turn his attention toward focusing on his rehab and continue to be a vital part of this basketball team."
As a freshman, Guilmette played in the first 31 games before he missed the final four games of the 2013-14 season due to a separate injury.
He played in the first five games this season, averaging 7.0 points and 4.4 rebounds in 14.6 minutes per contest. Guilmette started the first four games before coming off the bench against Duke, scoring six points in seven minutes. He hasn't played since.
The Pirates (6-2) return to action Sunday, Dec. 8, against Mount Olive. Tip-off is scheduled for 2 p.m. inside Williams Arena at Minges Coliseum.
- Updated North Korean ministries plotted Kim's death, spies say
- Updated NAACP to hold news conferences announcing boycott
- Updated Bergdahl lawyers will ask U.S. Army court to dismiss case
- Trayvon Martin's death five years later
- NC Emergency Management Reps in Snow Hill to help with recovery applications