WILMINGTON - This is a news release from East Carolina University:
East Carolina's Tuesday night baseball game at in-state rival UNC Wilmington has been cancelled due to forecasted inclement weather throughout the day and evening in the area, and will not be made up.
The Pirates (21-15) will play host to the Seahawks (17-18) on Wednesday, Apr. 16 at Lewis Field inside Clark-LeClair Stadium. First pitch is scheduled for 6 p.m. (ET).
ECU will continue its home schedule this weekend when it hosts Middle Tennessee for a three-game Conference USA series starting Thursday, Apr. 17 at 6 p.m. (ET). Game two will follow on Friday (6 p.m.) with the series finale being held on Saturday (12 noon).
- Updated Lawsuit: Mississippi deprives blacks of equal education
- Body found along side of road in Jacksonville
- Cops and Barbers works to bridge gap between GPD, community
- Local teacher plays role in development of US Forest Service museum
- Chocowinity soldier killed in action to be honored in NASCAR race