DURHAM - The fourth-ranked Duke women's basketball team (7-0) opened ACC play on Thursday with an 85-52 victory over Georgia Tech led by sophomore center Elizabeth Williams with a career-high 25 points, 11 rebounds and six blocked shots.
The Blue Devils won their 35th straight contest against Georgia Tech and 31st consecutive ACC victory at home in Cameron Indoor Stadium.
Haley Peters added a double-double with 11 points and 11 rebounds, while Chelsea Gray and Tricia Liston chipped in 13 points each as Duke held Georgia Tech to a season-low 28.6 percent shooting.
Duke will next play in the Maggie Dixon Classic on Sunday, Dec. 9 against 25th-ranked St. John's at 1:30 p.m., in Madison Square Garden in New York, N.Y.
For a full recap, click on www.GoDuke.com
- Carteret Co. Sheriff's Office investigating murder-suicide
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday