– Following a performance in which he totaled 113 punt return yards at an average of 22.6 yards per return, Duke wide receiver Jamison Crowder was named ACC Specialist of the Week Tuesday in a vote by members of the league's media.
Crowder, a 5-9, 175-pound junior from Monroe, N.C., took back five punts for 113 yards including a 76-yard touchdown return in Duke's 45-0 season-opening win over N.C. Central. The 113 punt return yards ranked as the fourth-highest single-game total in Duke history, while his 22.6 yards per punt return ranked sixth on Duke's list.
The effort was part of a 175-yard all-purpose performance for Crowder, who hauled in a team-leading six receptions for 62 yards in the opener. He finished with the most punt return yards of any player on college football's opening weekend.
Crowder will lead the Blue Devils into their week two matchup at Memphis on Saturday, Sept. 7, in Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium. Kickoff is slated for 4:30 p.m. EST, and the game will air live on ESPN and the Blue Devil IMG Sports Network.
- Updated Amanda Knox documentary takes media to task
- Updated Obama waits impatiently for Bill Clinton on Air Force One
- Ryder Cup: Europe cuts US lead on opening day at Hazeltine
- Wells Fargo made me work overtime -- without extra pay
- Rangers officially complete purchase of Kinston franchise from Minor League Baseball