CHAPEL HILL - North Carolina quarterback Drew Davis had decided to transfer to Coffeyville Community College where he will begin practice this fall. Davis, 6-2, 210 pounds, joined the Tar Heels prior to the start of the 2012 season and red-shirted.
"I appreciate the opportunity Coach (Larry) Fedora gave me to be a member of the team," said Davis. "I've met so many great people during my time in Chapel Hill and I will miss seeing them on a daily basis. I'm looking forward to joining the team in Coffeyville and competing for the quarterback position. Coffeyville has a great track record of taking incoming transfers and preparing them for their next opportunity. I'm looking forward to continuing my growth as a quarterback."
The son of former UNC head coach Butch Davis, Drew was a starter for three seasons at East Chapel Hill High School where he threw for more than 3,500 yards and 30 touchdowns as a senior in 2011.
"We wish Drew nothing but the best of luck as he continues his career at Coffeyville," said Fedora. "He is a great kid, a great teammate and we enjoyed having him in our program."
- Updated FBI probes newly discovered emails tied to Clinton case
- Updated Greenville to begin work on Arlington Boulevard starting Sunday
- Updated State Board of Elections investigating possible voter fraud in Onslow County
- Updated NCAA will now give money for academic achievements
- Updated After shut down, Vine's smartest stars have a backup plan