CHARLOTTE - The Bobcats have announced that backup center Brendan Haywood will miss at least 12 weeks with a stress fracture in his left foot.
The team said in a release Thursday that Haywood will have surgery next week to repair the problem.
Haywood has been struggling with the ankle in recent days and had an MRI and CT scan on Wednesday ordered by foot specialist Dr. Bob Anderson. The team says the test results revealed a stress fracture in the navicular bone.
Surgeons are expected to place two screws in the bone to reinforce the stress fracture and help it to heal. Haywood will be immobilized for 12 weeks.
Haywood played in 61 games last year for Charlotte and averaged 3.5 points and 4.8 rebounds per game.
- Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall arrives in Morehead City
- NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- State natural, cultural sites and military discounts for Memorial Day