The third-ranked Duke women's basketball team downed N.C. State, 67-57, on Thursday evening in Raleigh, N.C., to improve to 12-0 overall and 2-0 in ACC action.
Haley Peters notched her second straight double-double with 18 points and 11 rebounds, while Chelsea Gray added 20 points and six boards.
Duke will next travel to Boston College on Sunday, Jan. 6 at 1 pm.
With the Duke Victory…
· Improves to 12-0 overall and 2-0 in ACC play on the season. · Remained one of only three undefeated teams in NCAA Division I.
· Moved the all-time series to 33-39 in favor of N.C. State. · Won its eighth in a row in Reynolds Coliseum to move series record to 13-20 all-time in favor of NCSU.
· The 12-0 start is the second-best beginning to the season under Coach P and the sixth time in school history Duke has started 12-0.
· Coach P moved to 6-3 all-time against N.C. State.
Junior Haley Peters · Totaled a double-double for the second straight game with 18 points and 11 rebounds.
· Pulled down 11 rebounds in both ACC games this year.
· Hit 8-of-15 field goals.
· Tied a career high with two blocked shots.
· Notched double-figure scoring for the 10th time this season and the 39th time in her career.
Junior Chelsea Gray · Had a game-high 20 points to go along with six rebounds, two assists and two steals.
· Hit all eight of her free throw attempts.
· Reached 20 plus points for the second time this season and the fifth time in her career.
· Totaled double-figure scoring for the 11th time this season and 54th time in her career.
Junior Tricia Liston · Snapped a streak of hitting at least one three-pointer in 18 straight games.
· Missed all three of her three-point field goal attempts.
· Scored a season-low four points and grabbed four rebounds in 24 minutes.
Freshman Alexis Jones · Finished with 12 points, four rebounds, three assists, one blocked shot and one steal.
· Reached double-figure scoring for the fourth time this season.
Junior Richa Jackson · Pulled down five rebounds and scored two points in 10 minutes.
Sophomore Elizabeth Williams · Missed reaching double-figure scoring for the second straight game.
· Finished with nine points, five rebounds and two blocked shots.