GREENVILLE - Three East Carolina receivers, senior Dayon Arrington, sophomore Danny Webster and redshirt freshman Antonio Cannon, will miss Saturday's season opener against Appalachian State as a result of a one-game suspension for a violation of team policy according to an announcement from head coach Ruffin McNeill Wednesday afternoon.
"Dayon, Danny and Antonio have been suspended for a violation of team policy," McNeill said. The third-year ECU head coach could not address specifics of the suspension, but added "there are rules and policies in place for a reason and we expect those to be followed, unconditionally."
Arrington has played in 23 career games with 13 receptions for 124 yards as one of ECU's outside pass catchers, while Cannon was preparing to make his collegiate debut after competing on the scout squad a year ago. Webster enjoyed a strong rookie campaign in 2011 with 43 receptions for 418 yards while starting six of 11 games on the inside. He also served a role on the Pirates' special teams units as both a punt and kickoff returner before suffering a right knee injury against UCF that sidelined him all spring.
- Officials: No threat following claims of man with a gun inside Walmart
- Officials investigating after two bodies found inside home that caught fire
- Five suspects in Lenoir County home invasion now in custody
- Down East Wood Ducks announce roster for start of season
- Updated NC State star Dennis Smith declares for draft